Project Manager and Administrative Coordinator
The Canadian Institute for the Relief of Pain and Disability (CIRPD) is seeking a talented project manager and administrative coordinator who brings together a suite of strong and diverse skills. We are a small volunteer-based, charitable organization dedicated to sharing high quality research evidence to prevent and reduce unnecessary disability and impairment.
We host public access webinar programs and conferences, maintain several websites using SharePoint 2013, and engage in research activities.
This is a dynamic position, working out of our downtown Vancouver office, is with a growing organization in the process of expanding its programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategizes ideas for new campaigns and education outreach, organizes and schedules educational webinars either personally or by over-seeing staff involvement
- Updates all online content for webinars and engages marketing for events through emails and social media marketing
- Trains speakers in use of software and facilitates / moderates events
Direct E-Mail Marketing
- Verifies and updates contact information in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Uses the CRM for sending promotional mailings, managing membership renewal and promotion, volunteer coordination, and donation management
- Personalizes templates for each campaign
- Writes and edits campaign material
- Researching affiliated organizations and contact information/verifying existing contact information, Internet research for mailing campaigns, expansion of professional and corporate sponsors
- Grant writing is an asset
- Manage social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube to communicate with our audience, manage online promotions, respond to client concerns or complaints, monitor web presence external to organization websites
- Prepares monthly bookkeeping documentation
- Acts as the main contact for the organization by phone, email, and contact us web form,
- Co-ordinates and maintains CEO's schedule, drafts minutes for board meetings, committee meetings, and the Annual General Meeting.
- Post-secondary education - Marketing & Communication, Business Administration, or Health Research focus is an asset
- Impeccable written English communication - French language skills are an asset
- Highly tech savvy
- Experience in Research or Education Coordination is an asset
- Project management experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of online marketing through social media platforms, Google AdWords, blogging and email communications.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, moderate understanding of Sharepoint, basic video and photo editing skills, and basic familiarity with HTML and CSS. Experience with GoToWebinar or other webinar software is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in a business-like manner with members of the general public, officers, executives from within the business community, and other staff.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent English language (oral and written) skills and ability to compile, prepare, and edit reports. French is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to apply organization and time management skills to a diverse and fluctuating workload.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to admin (@) cirpd.org after reviewing our website: www.cirpd.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIRPD is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary $40,000- $45,000 plus Benefits (salary commensurate with experience)
Other Ways to Get Involved